Kreg Deck Jig System (KJDECKSYS) – Get a Longer-Lasting Deck with this Concealed Fastening System
Whether you’re building a new deck or refinishing an old one, you want to do the job right. With the Kreg Deck Jig, and a few simple tools you already own, you can create a beautiful and functional deck surface that is completely free of exposed fasteners and painful splinters. Traditional concealed-decking systems utilize awkward steel fasteners or thin plastic clips to hold your deck boards in place. The Kreg Deck Jig utilizes a more straightforward approach, creating an incredibly strong wood-to-wood bond through precisely-placed self-tapping screws.
- Standard Deck vs. Kreg Deck – Get the deck you want, without any unsightly exposed nails or screws. The Deck Jig uses specialized self-tapping screws that are driven at a precise angle into the edge of your deck boards so they stay hidden from view. Where seasonal changes might force traditional fasteners out of place with time, Kreg screws stay protected safely below the surface for a longer-lasting deck. By coupling the Kreg Deck Jig with composite decking, you’ll get a deck free of cracks, splinters, or “pop-out” fasteners.
- Drill. Drive. Done! – Securing a deck board with the Kreg Deck Jig takes three simple steps. First, you drill holes into the edge of your deck board using the specialized stepped bit, guided by the jig’s hardened-steel drill guides. Next, drive the specialized self-tapping deck screws through the same drill guides and into the joist as the depth collar precisely controls the depth. That’s it, you’re done! You’ve just created an incredibly strong and sturdy joint with no visible fastener.
- Works with a Wide Variety of Decking Materials – For best results, we recommend composite deck boards that prevent shrinking, swelling, and splitting. Select a solid composite material without machined grooves in the edges. Also works great with native softwoods such as Redwood and Cedar, along with certain tropical hardwoods like Ipe, Red Balau, and Ironwood.
- Deck Screws – Kreg Deck Screws were designed specifically for use with the Kreg Deck Jig, although they can also be used as simple face-screws for a variety of outdoor projects. All Kreg Deck Screws feature a KTX #1 Square Drive to reduce cam-out, a flat-bottom head that helps prevent splitting, and a self-tapping tip that drills its own hole as it’s driven.
Deck Screws are available in two weather-resistant finishes: Protec-Kote and Stainless. Protec-Kote screws feature three anti-corrosion layers that protect against rusting in a wide variety of decking applications. They’re a good choice for a wide variety of decking applications, including ACQ-treated lumber. For even more protection, choose Stainless. Kreg Stainless Screws provide the best protection against corrosion in the long-term.
Use standard Deck Screws with 4/4 to 5/4 (3/4" to 1-1/8") stock, and use 2-5/8" Deck Screws for use with 2x material including 2x4's, 2x6’s, 2x8’s, etc.
ICC-ES ESR # 3258 Verifies that Kreg Deck Jig Meets Code Requirements.
Kreg Deck Jig, manufactured by Kreg Tool Company, recently received an evaluation report (ESR # 3258) from ICC Evaluation Service (ICC-ES), providing evidence that this concealed deck fastening system from Kreg meets code requirements. Building officials, architects, contractors, specifiers, designers and others utilize ICC-ES Evaluation Reports to provide a basis for using or approving Kreg Deck Jig in construction projects under the 2009 International Building Code (IBC) and the 2099 International Residential Code (IRC).
- General: Standard deck screws work with 4/4 to 5/4 (3/4" to 1-1/8") stock. 2-5/8" deck screws are required for use with 2x material, including 2x4s, 2x6s, 2x8s, etc.
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- (1) Deck Jig
- (100) Protec-Kote Deck Screws
- (1) 6" Deck Jig Drill Bit
- (1) 6" KTX Square Driver Bit
- (3) 5/16" Spacer Rings
- (3) 1/4" Spacer Rings
- (2) Stop Collars
- (1) Allen Wrench
- (1) Instructional DVD
- (1) Owner's Manual
- (1) Durable Carrying Case