Introducing the newest version of the best-selling guide rail square on the market: the GRS-16 PE. Like its sibling GRS-16, the GRS-16 PE is designed to make it much faster to achieve dead square cuts with your FESTOOL, MAKITA or TRITON track saw—but adds a second "parallel edge" to permit squaring against the front and back of your workpiece.
The Original Guide Rail Square, Refined
Thanks to feedback from the TSO user community, the GRS-16 PE embodies a number of requested features and refinements:
- Lighter than its predecessor despite being CNC machined from 25% thicker aluminum, with a mating vertical edge that now perfectly matches the height of your guide rail extrusion for maximum support and engagement
- Now fits in a Systainer—see our new Dual FoamPac Systainer Insert
- Latch hook now features a resilient coating to grasp and protect the edge of your guide rail
- Reshaped T feature lead-in makes it even easier to install onto your guide rail
- Additional accessory mounting provisions included—see our new Angle Accessory and stay tuned for more exciting new products building off the GRS-16 platform
- Adjustments to key tolerances to better accommodate production variances observed in guide rail manufacturing
- Fasteners used on all TSO brand tools are now metric for worldwide availability
- New, fully recyclable all-corrugated white packaging
Simple, Automatic Accuracy
Before the GRS-16 family, accessories for squaring up your track saw guide rail relied on the loose-tolerance T-slot found on just about every guide rail. To overcome this inherent inaccuracy, you had to rely on a separate reference square, plus a combination of loose parts like T-bars, hex bolts, knobs or wingnuts. No longer! The patent-pending GRS-16 PE is completely self-contained and self-aligning, thanks to an innovative, high strength integral draw latch mechanism. Simply slide the GRS-16 PE onto your guide rail, lock the draw latch, and you're done. Five seconds to square.
Accurate cuts with your track saw often require using a screw clamp or quick clamp. For this reason, we've designed notches in both reference edges of the GRS-16 PE to accommodate popular clamps like the Festool Screw Clamp or Quick Clamp.
Built for a Lifetime of Service (or Longer)
The GRS-16 PE is precision CNC machined from a single piece of 5/8" (15 mm) thick 6061-T6 aluminum and then anodized for a non-marring, high durability finish. The high-strength draw latch is built from stainless steel—to resist rust and pitting over time—and features a resilient, grippy, non-marring coating on the latch hook. Despite its high clamping strength, a comfort coating on the latch handle makes it easy to generate the leverage necessary to engage, release or reposition the square along your length of track. The GRS-16 is made in the United States, and comes with our lifetime warranty.
So Which Tool is Right for You?
If you need the ability to reference off the front and back edge of your workpiece, select the GRS-16 PE (the product you see on this page). If you want the absolute smallest and lightest form factor and anticipate using the square for conventional cuts referencing the front edge of your workpiece, choose the GRS-16. Can't decide? Check out the Combination Set for the best of both worlds:
- Allows you to square both ends of longer rails for greatest accuracy
- Keep one in the truck and one in the shop
- Special savings when purchased together as a Combination Set
The TPG Quick Adapter ****FITS FESTOOL GUIDE RAILS ONLY**** performs the same function as our Original TPG Adapter, with the added option of even faster setup and removal thanks to its included tool-less quick attachment feature.
Our TPG Quick Adapters represent an economical and reliable means to connect TPG System T-tracks to your Festool guide rail. Compatible with all TPG T-tracks (both right- and left-hand), the TPG Quick Adapter connects using the M6 Comfort Grip Star Knobs and CNC-Machined Centering Spacers included with each TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Set. It will not interfere with track saw plunge cuts, and can be easily moved along the guide rail once properly configured. Once placed on your guide rail, the TPG Quick Adapter can be fine-tuned by adjusting the two "zero clearance adjustment" screws to eliminate unwanted play; this procedure only has to be performed during first use. When a more permanent attachment is desired, the TPG Quick Adapter can be secured to your guide rail with the included torpedo nut and top-mounted M5 flathead screws, just like the Original TPG Adapter. All adjustments can be made with a 3mm Ball Hex Driver (included in the TPG-30 and TPG-30/50 Sets).
The TPG System can utilize TPG Adapters and/or GRS-16 Guide Rail Squares for connecting T-tracks to guide rails. While the GRS-16 is more expensive, you may want to consider at least one GRS-16 in your TPG kit because it enables the patent-pending ability to square and parallel in a single cut, using just one T-track—whereas the TPG Adapter will only ensure your cuts are parallel.
TSO TPG-30 Parallel Guide System Set (61-364)
The TSO Parallel Guide (TPG) System offers the most capability of any parallel guide system on the market, while eliminating user-reported limitations of competing products. Like all parallel guides, the TPG System provides for repeatable rips—but it has a few distinctive qualities you’ll only find from a TSO Product:
- Rather than cumbersome designs that rely on sliding together lengths of track and fastening methods that can slip out of calibration without you noticing, the TPG System uses simple one-piece T-tracks with rock-solid bolt-on attachment to your guide rail, and a FlipStop v2.0 that only moves when you want it to.
- Metric and Imperial dual dimensions are laser engraved on every T-track.
- Exclusive Calibration Memory™ feature of FlipStop v2.0 removes the need for re-calibration when changing between standard and narrow stock rods.
- Capacity to rip full 4x8 sheetgoods all the way down to very narrow cuts, with material as thin a 1/4" (6mm).
- The TPG System has the patent-pending ability to square and parallel in a single cut, using just one T-track!
TPG-30 Set Includes:
- Two (2) 30" dual-dimensioned T-tracks
- Two (2) TPG FlipStop v2.0
- Two (2) Calibration Rods, for narrow cutting
- Four (4) Comfort Grip Star Knobs
- One (1) 3mm Hex Driver for all adjustments
Additional TPG accessories can be purchased separately, including 20" and 50" T-tracks.