New 2019 Festool Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw (575306)
Updated with a new base with integrated sliding table extensions that provide even greater work surface area for material support. This new base is compatible with current accessories such as Crown Stops, UG, and UG Extensions. Also includes bayonet-style dust port for a positive connection with the latest generation of Cleantec hoses. Additionally, internal changes to the motor structure have been made to help increase service life.
- Fine Bevel Adjustment - Fine bevel adjustment with upfront controls, and large, easy-to-read gauges - coupled with a counterspring mechanism - ensures precise bevel.
- Capacity to rival 12" saws - Rivaling most 12" saws, the Kapex can handle 4-3/4" in its special cutting position, and 6-5/8" crown in the nested position. Can cut miters from 50° (left to 60° (right).
- Dual-line lasers - Fully-adjustable dual-line lasers accurately define the cut area for precise cut placement. Material between the laser lines will be removed, making it easy to precisely align cuts from the left or right.
The Kapex is the most advanced sliding compound miter saw in the market today. In the hands of a carpenter, this saw will make cuts that rival the finest trim work being done today. Engineered to be lightweight and compact, the KS 120 is the perfect saw for the workshop or the jobsite. Effective dust extraction, precise cuts, easy adjustments, and quality components are some of the features that make this saw the number one choice of professional tradespeople.
- Compact and Lightweight: With a rail-forward design, the Kapex can be placed against a wall for all cutting tasks, maximizing the workspace.
- Fine Bevel Adjustment: Fine bevel adjustment with upfront controls, and large, easy-to-read gauges, coupled with a counterspring mechanism, ensures precise bevel placement.
- Capacity: With the special cutting position, the Kapex has a 4-3/4" (120mm) cutting capacity. 50 deg left miter and 60 deg right miter position.
- Dust Extraction System Design: The flexible and removable rubber dust hood to the rear of the blade deflects waste material into the directional dust port for best-in-class 91% efficiency.
- Dual-line lasers: Fully adjustable dual-line lasers accurately define the cut area for precise cut placement. Material between these laser lines will be removed, making it fast and easy to precisely align cuts from the left or the right.
- MMC Electronics: Most miter saws are not designed to cut anything but wood, but with variable speed capability, the Kapex allows the speed of the blade to be matched with the requirements of the material. Permanent magnetic brake slows blade rotation quickly.
- Durable, easy-to-read scales: These allow for easier reading and quick and simple angle adjustment. Oversized bevel scale facilitates precision angle setting and improves readability.
- FastFix saw blade changing system: FastFix mechanism locks the blade for fast and easy blade changes in just a few steps.
- Power Consumption: 1600 Watts (13 Amps)
- Speed: 1,400 - 3,400 rpm
- Cutting depth 90/90: 12" x 3-15/32" (305 x 88mm)
- Left/right 45/90: 8-15/32" x 3-15/32" (215 x 88mm)
- Left 45/45: 8-15/32 x 2-3/8" (215 x 55mm)
- Right 45/45: 8-15/32 x 1-3/8" (215 x 35mm)
- Special cutting depth: 4-23/32" x 3/4" (120 x 20mm)
- Crown nested capacity: 6-5/8" (168mm)
- Max Bevel: 47/47 deg
- Miter range: 50/60 deg
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 28" x 19-3/4" x 18-1/2" (713 x 500 x 470mm)
- Dust Port: 27 x 36mm
- Weight: 47 lbs (21.5 kg)
STANDARD PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Universal Carbide Saw Blade 60 tooth (495388)
- MiterFast Angle Transfer Device
- Hold Down Clamp