Amana Spektra 1/4" Solid Carbide Compression Spiral Bit (46170-K)
This is a special unique carbide designed for a longer lifetime in abrasive material, particularly suitable for double-sided melamine or laminated material. This bit features a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool's cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
- Diameter - D: 1/4"
- Cutting Height - B: 7/8"
- Shank - d: 1/4"
- Overall Length - L: 2-1/2"
- B1: 7mm
- Type: nACo Ceramic Coating
- Flutes: 2
Excellent for cutting:
- Double Sided Melamine
- Laminated Plywood
- Melamine Particle Board
- Oriented Strand Board (OSB)
- Particle Board
- Veneered Plywood