Amana Spektra 2D/3D Carving Flat Bottom Router Bit (46290-K)
This bit is specially designed for 2D and 3D CNC profiling and carving in plastic & wood with CNC machines. The high-shear flat bottom tips cut smooth 2D and 3D contours with reduced stepping while the proprietary Spektra™ coating (applied by the physical vapor deposition coating process) provides high resistance to wear, sharper cutting edges, extended tool life and less friction and heat buildup. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate have a very small diameter therefore any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome.
Tools are manufactured with high balance that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPMs. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly.
- Diameter - D: 1/16"
- Angle: 0.10°
- Cutting Height - B: 5/16"
- Shank - d: 1/4"
- Overall Length - L: 2"
- Type: Flat Bottom, nACo Ceramic Coating
- Flutes: 3
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
Excellent for cutting:
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylic Stone
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU)
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Phenolic Composites
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene Foam
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
- XPE (Cross Linked Polyethylene) Foam