TSO DoubleGroove™ 20mm Bench Dogs - Large Pair (61-405)
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days - Subject to Change
DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs
Innovative 20mm bench dogs ideal for use with our MTR-18 or very thick worktops
We've reinvented the modern 20mm bench dog and, in the process, addressed some common frustrations. Having dealt with our fair share of ill-fitting or "stuck" dogs, we've designed our dogs with twin grooves that run along the collar. While it may not seem like much, these double grooves make it much easier to remove the dog once it has been installed. Sharing the same careful attention to detail that has set our precision tools apart, small but important design elements—like the tiny undercut beneath the collar that guarantees a perfect 90 degree transition, even if the holes in your work surface aren't perfectly devoid of tearout, or slight chamfers along the touchable surfaces—result in a tool that's comfortable, accurate and a pleasure to use.
DoubleGroove™ Large Dogs measure 30mm from collar to bottom, making them the perfect size for use with our MTR-18 Precision System Triangle or very thick perforated worktops. To accommodate clamping, an included M8x1.25 threaded hole at the bottom of each dog accepts our M8 SpeedKnobs™, FESTOOL® M8 knobs from the clamping elements kit, or any other similar off-the-shelf M8x1.25 threaded knob. All DoubleGroove Dogs are made in the USA from 6061-T6 aluminum on high-precision CNC machining centers and clear anodized for maximum durability. Sold in pairs.
The DoubleGroove™ Dog family includes four sizes: small (ideal for most general use applications), medium (for use with our PTR-18 Precision Triangle or thicker work surfaces), large (the product on this page, ideal for use with our MTR-18 Precision System Triangle) or very thick worktops, tall (for using in conjunction with Dog Rail Clips to secure your guide rail to your worktop), and bulldog (ideal for duplicating cuts on stacked sheetgoods).
- Easier to Use: Twin grooves running along the collar make DoubleGroove Dogs easier to remove than other dogs on the market; no more stuck dogs!
- A Perfect Fit: Precision machined to exacting tolerances, with a diameter of 19.9mm to strike the perfect balance between solid, secure mounting and ease of insertion/removal.
- Ideal for Custom Worktops: If you've made your own perforated worktop based on the 20x96mm standard and aren't quite sure if your tolerances are perfect, you'll likely find DoubleGroove Dogs to be a better choice. Their twin collar grooves will make it easier to remove dogs that might become "too snug," and a swept undercut along the collar means DoubleGroove Dogs will mount flush even if your holes have tearout.
- A Great Companion: Our DoubleGroove Large Dogs are the perfect companion to our MTR-18 Precision Triangles.
- Clampable: Each dog includes an M8x1.25 threaded hole, perfect for use with our SpeedKnobs to secure the dogs inside your 20mm perforated worktop. (If you already have the knobs from Festool's 488030 Clamping Elements, those will work too, but you'll find our SpeedKnobs to be much faster and easier to thread.)
- Made in the USA: Manufactured in low volume with the same care we put into our popular precision tools.