Insert Carbide Mini Spoilboard Surfacing, Rabbeting, Flycutter, Slab Leveler & Surface Planer 2+2 Flute Design 1-1/2 Dia x 1/2 x 1/2 Inch Shank Router Bit
- Usually Ships in 1-2 Business Days - Subject to Change
RC-2250 Insert Carbide Mini Spoilboard Surfacing, Rabbeting, Flycutter, Slab Leveler & Surface Planer 2+2 Flute Design 1-1/2 Dia x 1/2 x 1/2 Inch Shank Router Bit
|(B) Cutting Height||1/2|
|Overall Length (L)||2-5/16|
|Replacement Knives||HMA-12, HCK-70|
|Type||Insert solid carbide|
Mini insert carbide spoilboard surfacing & rabbeting with scorer, great for cutting tight corners. Features unique 2+2 insert knife design that contains two cutting flutes and two up-shear scorers, which provide a smoother finish at the bottom of the cut than traditional two-knife style router bits. Great for surface planing.
Also suitable for router sled machines, Make sure that your router sled is fully stable and squared.
- Resurfacing spoilboards using CNC
- 2+2 spoilboards contain two bottom scorers for better performance, finer surface finish and better clearance for 90º corners.
- Planing large glued up panels using CNC
- Surfacing and finishing wood using timber slab machines
- Rabbeting or slotting
Designed for planing & rabbeting the following materials:
- Balsa Core*
- Epoxy (Epoxy Resins)*
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)*
- Ultra-High-Molecular-Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)*
*For optimal results and maximum insert life, replace inserts with optional general purpose knives #AMA-12 and #RCK-70 (sold separately).
**Use lower CNC spindle RPM and adjusted feed-rate to prevent Melting and adhesion of the acrylic material to the tool.
- 2+2 design
- 4-sided solid carbide insert knives
- Exclusive carbide grade for highest quality of cut
- Maximum cutting efficiency
- Faster material removal process
Recommendations: For surfacing solid woods it is recommended to remove both bottom scorers.
Proper torques rating to tighten down screws is 2-3Nm Torques.